Why you need a great CV…..
Companies often receive hundreds of CV’s for the jobs they advertise and some Recruitment Agencies receive similar numbers every week. Faced with such an abundance of choice your CV needs to do its job quickly and effectively.
Here are some top tips to get you started:
- Simple clear layout with easy to read font
- Tailor your personal statement to the role you are applying for
- Always explain any gaps or short term roles
- Focus your detail on the last 10 years of your career history
- Showcase your achievements, but always be completely honest
- Prepare a short and a slightly longer CV to suit all employer's requirements
- Check thoroughly and then ask for a second opinion as sloppy mistakes are not acceptable!
- Update regularly by adding newly acquired skills and experience as well as new jobs